Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why Human Performance?

I remember one of my first rowing regattas abroad. I was going in a double sculler to Hamburg, Germany. We had tough competition and where preparing to fight hard. We made it to the final and we knew we could win, but these 2000m had to be the best 2000m race we had ever done. The race started well we where leading the field but a German boat was close behind. They started to take in and passed us with just an inch only 500m to go. Still we had time to catch them but something had to happen right away! We started our final sprint earlier than planned, but the German boat responded... We where switching places every stroke and we passed the finish line with the lactic acid rushing through our veins and with little clue what really happened. Did we win? We were waiting for the result to pop up on the result board, it seemed like an eternity. Finally, there it was! We had WON!
Human performance interests me a lot and is something that affects my everyday life. My own goals in sport require me to know what I’m doing to be able to develop in best possible ways. That is why I am interested in writing about it as well because it is a knowledge I need and am interested in.
I have several Ideas; first how human performance are affected by psychological or physiological variables, and where it has an effect. This is hard to narrow down as it is right now. The articles I’m looking into are hard to connect and it is hard to do an interdisciplinary study about that. Second subject; how women are portrayed in sports. A subject that is really interesting and in need to be explored and also a subject I consider because my friend has done an amazing art project covering this issue and she would be a great resource. Robins Web page AND Robins Project
I will need to do some major work to get it figured out! Back to article researching!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really passionate about this subject. The personal connection you show to the subject matter makes your reader invest and form a connection to you, which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    But sadly I have to switch it all up a little... Still covering a subject close to the heart though and still have sport in there!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.